Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pondering Vegetables

So lately I feel like everyone I know is going vegetarian. I tried this back in the early 2000's when I went away to college, and it went okay for about 2 years.



And then I realized something...

I am NOT a good vegetarian. I love chicken. I love Seafood (especially sushi and an amazing piece of salmon). And, if I am being totally honest, I dislike most vegetables. That, or I am just extremely picky about how they are cooked.



So being a vegetarian, probably not so much for me.

My younger sister, on the other hand, is trying to make this change. And she is blogging about it Vegetables Are What Food Eats.

Anyways, I'm not sure what it is that I dislike about vegetables, but so many of them just make me gag. Cook a carrot, and there is no way I can eat it. Put a plate of Asparagus in front of me, and I end up passing at along to Sean. I have gotten a bit more adventurous (I'll eat Zucchini and Spaghetti Squash, which is huge for me), but for the most part I've always been this way.

So all this makes me wonder, did I miss some herbivorous gene?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brynn! You're blogging, how exciting :) Thanks for your comment on my High School Crushes post, I am especially glad I changed all the names now!

    As for going vegetarian, I tried it for awhile as well. But I love chicken, and seafood and bacon too much. Plus, I didn't want to make that choice for my children as well, so had to keep making separate meals for N and me and the boys. Was too much. Now instead, we'll just choose a week and make it a vegetarian week. There are too many vegetables I don't like too. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete