Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dinner: Pork Milanese with Tortellini

My MIL (who happens to be an AMAZING cook and former catering business owner) is an amazing cook. Every time we go to California to visit Sean's family we are well feed. She has passed on many of her recipes to me, but I only make them occasionally because most are, to be totally blunt, not all that good for you.

Sean and I have gotten into the habit of allowing ourselves one splurge meal each week. Either we go out for dinner or I make some that would definitely not fit within the diet we have been trying to follow. Honestly, going this route has made sticking to the diet the rest of the time much easier.

I had this recipe for Chicken Milanese laying around and had been wanting to make it for awhile.  Tonight was finally the night! Only we didn't have any chicken, so I substituted pork.










First up was mixing the seasoning and breading the pork chops.










Next I cut up the veggies for the sauce (tomato and spinach).










The sauce is made of butter, garlic, cream, chicken stock, vermouth, and parmesan.













I pan friend the pork chop, cooked up the tortellini and finished it in the sauce, and we had a delicious dinner! Definitely not "low fat" by any means, but so worth the splurge!

Tomorrow its back to our diet. On the menu: chicken and spinach salad with lots of veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment